Sunday, July 29, 2007

So Chicago

This is such an emblamatic Chicago street scene. I know its not the flowered up shopping drag but its an inner suburb on the north side near Wrigley Field. Note the muscular brick buildings, the encroaching elevated rail, the folks just walking around and the size of the streets. For some reason I usually see Chicago in the winter or I'm in town for business so I don't get in to the neighborhoods. They are really remarkable - lots of corner bars, newish shops and folks walking around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the "muscular brick buildings" - sounds just like a building in the city of big shoulders should sound. Though I have to say this scene could also be a street I remember in Queens NY, where the subway comes out and is elevated for awhile. Or upper Manhattan, near 125th street. though it might be a little cleaner there in Chicago.