Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving in the USA

I love this picture I took it when I was in a meeting in New York in October. It was for a conference of the International Downtown Association, which is an organiz(s)ation of people who run Business Improvement Districts. So they care about tourism and development as it applies in an inner city/town centre/downtown setting.

This picture encapsulates the group fully. Here we are on a boat tour around Manhattan on a beautiful fall day. Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and Manhattan all beautifully framed and there they are both pointing to the new dock in Brooklyn. That dock means that BIG cruise ships can stop over in Brooklyn and therefore more tourists can come to the city. That's why my friends are pointing AWAY from the Statue of Liberty and toward Brooklyn.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Sian - Happy Turkey Day. Here the pilgrams went to all the effort to get to the new world, and you've reversed the process. That's okay. I think you can get forgiveness by eating cranberry sauce. I'll see Elise and Cat Mag today. We'll raise our glasses to you! Cat will be here for Xmas too. Much Love!