Thursday, May 29, 2008

Travels since April

Wow, I've been back from vacation for almost two weeks and still running to catch up. Need to get some photos of friends I visited on my trip back to visit Atlanta. Had a great time seeing old friends and catching up. The trip to South Carolina's Pawley's Island was excellent as well. We stayed at the Sea View Inn. Which has not disappointed for the second year in a row. No phones , no TV; just the beach and a really great porch. Doesn't take much to get me happy at the beach.

A rainy bank holiday later, I'm just headed up to Shrewsbury for a work event. Don't know anything about Shrewsbury except the guide says its the County Town of Shropshire, the birthplace of Charles Darwin and features the Shrewsbury Abbey (which is the mythical home to Brother Cadfael).

As usual I am packing on the fly and cannot find my camera - where does that thing hide. Will try and get some decent pictures from someone else's camera on my walk through the town on Saturday morning.

Hope all is well with everyone - tell me about your summer plans.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sian - I've missed you terribly! No blogs for a month. I'm in withdrawl! So glad you're back with us. We're here for the summer until July, then off to Michigan for that sweatshirts and shorts weather that I love so well (and my hair does too). Join me. I'll be just south of the North pole in the U.P. YFNJYL

jenifer lake said...

there you are! i was getting worried, cuz i like to do that. glad you were lolling on beaches :)

Anonymous said...

very glad you are back on the blog. we're off to santa barbara next week for a week with g'mo & papa - henry's grandparents - and uncle bro. foster family fun!

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Sian:

You are so sweet. Thanks so much for dropping by my blog. I love to crochet, knit and collect things I don't need.

And I will get to London one day.

Lisa
Knitty, Vintage and Rosy

Anonymous said...

Of course there are certain friends that you do not have photos of from this trip because they live way out in Candler Park and that's too difficult to get to ;)