Friday, November 12, 2010

Basel Cell Carcinoma

When it rains it pours they say and so it is with our intrepid writer.  Before getting run over by Mr. Wong the Ford driver -- who it turns out is the dude who hit me on 2 October 2010. I went to the GP to have her check out a spot on my face.  Hmmm, better get that looked out by a dermatologist.

Two weeks later I am at the Royal Free awaiting the verdict.  Yes, indeed, Its a Basel Cell Carcinoma (aka BCC or delightfully here in jolly olde England a rodent ulcer).  Bad news, good news. Bad news - that spot on my face is actually a cancer but good news - its a milder form of skin cancer.  However its nothing to sneeze at and should be taken very seriously.  So I was scheduled for a biopsy and after several delays, today is the day.

I thought it would be a small incision - but it turned out to be a pretty big hole right on my cheek; several layers of stitches and the top layer looked pretty bad.  I am depressed but what the heck compared to the massive and still healing scar on my leg from the crash and the otehr scar on my face also from teh crash - this is really not that bad.

Gotta say, its been tough this last couple of weeks.  In seven days the stitches come out and we will see. 

1 comment:

jenifer lake said...

lady what is going on over there?!