Saturday, December 30, 2006

Another great tree

Last week I was wandering around in my neighborhood and I saw these fabulous trees. Since they were without leaves you can see the amazing job the owners are doing of training the trees to wind into each other. (While you are peering at the screen please also note the TINY cars!)

Lots of great trees in London; especially in my green northern area. I assume they are London Plane trees. Perhaps a reading landscape architect will correct me if I am wrong. Many are pollarded, so they have that weird "knuckled" look but this one has been trained like a fruit tree - I think esplan-something is what its called. I am looking forward to seeing this tree-sculpture through out the seasons.


Really makes me wish I had some gardening skills to wrest some beauty out of the back yard of my flat. So far someone has come and cut back years of growth and exposed a lovely area that I am looking forward to inhabiting in the summer.

No comments: