Thursday, November 01, 2007

Its 1 am and this airport is packed!

This is the view from duty free at the Abu Dhabi airport up to the concourse level.

Unbelievable, right? Then factor in the fact that it is after 1am on Thursday morning. The tile work, kind of makes your head spin a bit. I was sooo disoriented I bought a liter of Jack Daniels at duty free. If any one had ever suggested to me that I would buy a liter of Jack Daniels at 1 am in the morning in the Abu Dhabi airport at ANY time in my life I would have fallen over laughing. And yet I did that very thing.

Just as a side note, a guy in my office describes this air port as being reminiscent of the bar scene in Star Wars. (OK warning I got way laid on th einformation super highway attempting to find an image of the star wars bar scene and discovered this one which is even better because its that scene done in Lego.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack and Coke will cure most ills. You know, your blog really gets better with age.

Anonymous said...

ok, I've fallen on the floor laughing. JD, in AD? distill it in kentucky, ship it across the world, fly it back to london. that & tang! by the way, I discovered that the modern equivalent of Tang is Emergen-C, with a little fizz.

Sian said...

yup - not only is my personal carbon footprint "rubbish" as they say here - but my alcohol consumption now has an astounding carbon footprint