Monday, February 04, 2008

Robert has Purple Martins, too

In addition to excellent key lime milkshakes and tomatoes; Robert also claims to have the southern most purple martin house in the continental United States of America. Which reminded me that in all my travels across the world, I have RARELY, nay, NEVER seen another country have such bizarre roadside attractions as you do in my home country.

Why do we do this kind of thing? The best you can get here in the UK is a stand which will sell you cornish ice cream or silly stuff with pictures of royalty on it. But even here in the land of the truly eccentric; you never see anything like a claim to have the southern most purple martin house in the continental USA. Which make me think is Hawaii more southern than Homested? That must be the reason for the "continental" modifier. I wonder if they even have purple martins...

1 comment:

jenifer lake said...

i think i need to meet this robert.

be on the lookout, a package is making its way toward you soon.

xx.