Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Bar-B-Que in London

On Thursday last week I got an email from DT in Atlanta which went something like this... "Just got back from Harold's on the southside -- QUE!"

This translates to, "We've just returned from the ancient southside Atlanta BBQ joint located right next to the the Federal Penitentiary, and the food was great." Of course then the gauntlet was thrown down - could I find BBQ in London? I was wondering around Spittlefields Market near Liverpool Station in London on Sunday. Another ancient market, like Borough but this one was mostly clothes and accessories; the sign said, in business since 1849. The market was packed to the gills.

However, in the very back, buried behind endless rows of tat (I think that means junk) was Bubba's Cafe -- a surprise BBQ joint. Unfortunately, they were not open for business so early on a Sunday; I will have to go back and check out the "QUE!!"

No comments: