Monday, August 06, 2007

Bad infill

Back in London wandering around, this time I'm headed down from my flat to the Primrose Hill area and strolling along I saw this!

I'm not sure where to begin, on the one hand it looks like some one took the roof off and added a cube in the middle and poked a giant window in the middle. Then to try and make it look more - I don't know.. British?? - they added a window treatment that makes your eyes water, can you see it? Look at the shape at the top of the upper window - sort of a modified regency thingy perhaps from the inside it seems like a good idea...

Unfortunately I believe the owner or a visitor to the home saw me talking a picture and I had to skedaddle, otherwise I would have tried for more angles. and whats' up with that colour? I am going to assume its faded and was not chosen that way.

No comments: