Friday, August 24, 2007

Bank holiday news

This weekend is http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifthe summer Bank Holiday. I still find it funny that they call these days off Bank Holidays, why is that any better or worse/funnier than Memorial or Labor Day? Anyway, boils down to another day off.

So I'm taking advantage by hiving off to the land of my parents. That's right after 10 months I'm finally going to Wales. Got an ihttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifnvite to attend the Wales v. France Rugby Union match in the famed Millennium Stadium. It may only be famous to me, come to think of it. This is why its famous - in 1999 I was toiling away in Atlanta for Deloitte & Touche. My New Zealand aunt and uncle, who among others stayed with me for the 1996 Olympics, were on another round the world trip and visiting their homeland. My Uncle sent the family an email description of being in the new stadium for a rugby world cup game and how amazing it was to hear all those people singing. So that's why the stadium is famous and that's why I'm looking forward to going.

There is also the rest of the city (lots of regeneration to take pictures of) and the rugby - but really its really the singing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so how was wales?

Dubai :)