Thursday, December 11, 2008

My CEE adventure

I am just back from my tour of CEE (Central and Eastern Europe - apparently lots of folks use that acronym I had never heard it before.)

Now if I could only figure out how to get the pictures out of the phone and onto my computer I could show y'all some touristy stuff. I was an interesting couple of days. Started on Monday by flying to Warsaw and meeting up with the other members of the team -- we were there to meet some company reps of another business. My companions were a guy from corporate parent company and a guy from Abu Dhabi office. Both very nice; we made an interesting crew. Me: planner from Florida, Atlanta, San Francisco, London. Corporate guy: engineer from all over US but most recently Denver and Orange County, CA. Abu Dhabi guy: engineer from Adelaide who had just moved to Abu Dhabi/Dubai to take over a new role. All very different but fairly compatible considering we had just decided to meet up at the Marriott lobby bar in Warsaw.

Turned out fine, we agreed to meet the next day at the coffee shop and meet the Brit who was going to be introducing us to the offices on our three-country tour. Fine, I went for a cold evening stroll passed the culture palace not far from the hotel and was tucked up in my first Marriott bedroom by 10pm.

No comments: