Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday night at Tate Modern Urbanity exhibition

What can I say? I spent a Friday night looking at MORE city planning stuff. This exhibition called Global Cities is in the huge power hall. Some of us went after work. The exhibit was really good, nothing really new but interesting to see the kind of research you do laid out in an exhibit.

The part I was most taken with was the modeling of the population relative to the size of a city - giant sculptures that reflected the population density as peaks. The photos curated to support the exhibition where also interesting. The pace of change is not something I don't know about (double negative) but when its graphically portrayed for each of the five cities its quite shocking.

Best of all, because it was at the Tate you can site down at the bar and discuss with the friends you came with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u are such a planner geek! wish I was there to go with you! Love from Dubai.....

:)