Friday, October 12, 2007

Another Brompton Post

In the UK, there is new legislation which allows participating companies to set up bicycle purchase schemes, so that people can buy bicycles for commuting tax free. That doesn't sound like much but its net of VAT (basically 17% sales tax embedded in most purchases) and paid with pre-tax dollars (tax rates run from 20-40%). This scheme (program) mean that there has been a rash of new bike purchases at my firm since July.

This is ANOTHER Brompton photograph. This is my friend Chris, cycling away on his new bike scheme Brompton. Now Chris is a major-major cyclist. The kind of guy who has lots of bike gear - and he stooped to a brompton, "just because it was nerdy." But now I've discovered an even more nerdy bike - the Pashley Princess. I don't think its possible to pass this one up: chain guard, skirt guard, basket. Its the Miss Marple of bicycles.

As much as I have admired Bromptons; my heart may have been won over by Pashleys. meanwhile my trusty trek just keeps on moving along. Perhaps I'll post a picture of her next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Princess sure is pretty! I like the ding-dong bell!

Anonymous said...

too bad the Princess does not come in red! I notice they don't tell you how heavy it is.

jenifer lake said...

oh my, i love that pp!