Thursday, December 04, 2008

Ooohh... business trip planned

I can tell my life is getting dull - I'm almost excited by the prospect of an upcoming business trip. I never get excited by business trips, I used to do them all the time. Recently, though I have been assigned to base, as it were, keeping an eye on the looming credit crunch business drop off - or not; kind of depends on the day of the week. Anyway, Just found out that I will be going on an Eastern European fly by night tour to meet some potential business partners. So on Monday I'm flying to Warsaw, Tuesday Prague and Thursday Bucharest.

Sounds exotic but I'm staying in the Marriott in each of these cities - which I think is a bit like going to Paris and eating at a McDonald's but we cannot be picky, can we. By the way I have eaten at McDonald's in Paris and I have nothing against McDonald's; in fact I truly love my fast food - but I think you know where I'm going here.

I'm sure it will be airport, hotel, meeting room, hotel, airport with an interspersing of interesting cab rides. But still could be fun, at least its different from Chicago, West Palm Beach, Charlotte - which was my old business trip stomping grounds. What I really need to check is whether I will get any new passport stamps - Is Romania in the European Union?

oohh I'm off to google Bucharest - its the only one I haven't been to.

No comments: