Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday morning with papers and lace


sunday morning with papers and lace
Originally uploaded by sillewellyn.

Am trying to learn to knit lace because I found this amazing book; Victorian Lace Today. This woman from Oxford did all this amazing research on old Victorian patterns for knitted lace. Its funny, the actual patterns are fascinating, but not something I would wear myself. They do seem like they would be at home draped over a large overstuffed sofa in a crowded room.

But the challenge is really something I am up for! Plus lace weight yarn is so wonderful and light. Once I have put that much effort into something I'm not sure I would actually want anyone to wear it...

Of course its also just a big excuse to sit by a window and knit in the soft winter light.

No comments: