Thursday, October 28, 2010

The end of the cat period in my life - for now

It has been beyond tough for the last month, what with the motorcycle accident on 2 October and now six weeks (minimum) at home>  Thank my lucky stars, Mum could come and stay with me for almost four of those weeks as I am now almost able to take care of myself in my flat. 

Sadly, today I had to put Dylan to sleep.  Morgana passed away this summer after a short illness which was a big surprise. I had been worrying about Dylan as he was at least 2 years older.  Finally, it just became too much to watch him get skinnier and skinnier and have more trouble getting around.  He was at least 21 years old to Morgana's 19.  This picture is from his San Francisco days - when he was a mere 14 years old.  He did have a good life. 

Saved from a vet in Knoxville in 1992, I took him in because Jen and Shannon and Susanne and Ross all thought I needed cats. He joined me in residence in Atlanta. Then boyfriend-at-the-time convinced me that two cats were easier than one, so Morgana joined our happy band.  Both moved with me to SF in 203 and then on to London, where they have been international cats of mystery for four years now. 

I will miss them both dearly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sianny - So sad to hear about this. You've had a tough fall. Love love love you! NJYQOTW

jenifer lake said...

sweet kitties of yours. i will miss them when we come to visit again. maybe a new kitty should come hang out with you? especially in post repair the leg time?? xxx.