Tuesday, October 12, 2010

its been a pretty crappy couple of weeks

On 3 October, I was knocked off my scooter by a car that "didn't see" me. Incredibly painful broke two bones in my lower left leg.  Had to wait four days in hospital for surgery then another week before I could get out.  My Mother flew in from FLA to help me through the first weeks of recovery.  No wieght on my right leg for 6-9 weeks.  To say I have been a physical and emotional basket case is putting it mildly.

How ever on the plus side (I am very optimistic) I have had a lot of time to think and while not struck by any incredible insight, I have managed to not be my usual pissy self (though I have my moments) and found some moments of real laughter in the ward with the other patients, mostly women in the 70+ category getting knees and hips replaced.

Once I got over the whole bedpan things - why oh why hasn't someone designed something better for that function!! - and got through the surgery, then got home with Mum helping me out things began to look up.

So I thought I would spend the time I have stuck at home on getting a few things sorted out that I never did before.  1) get someone in to look at the garden.  2) get the flipping plumbing sorted out and 3) re carpet the really grotty bits of the flat.

So something to do/direct along with my physio for the next couple of weeks. 

2 comments:

Reba said...

I am soooo sorry to hear that about your accident and ugggg - broken bones. Amy and I were just wondering about you last night and what you were up to. Hope you heal fast and enjoy the visit with your mum.

- Rebekah

Unknown said...

Oh Sian - what a bummer, but so glad that's all that happened to you. Your lounge chair is waiting poolside in sunny Florida!