Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sunny Day in "Sowf" London

Mostly I took this photo because of the blue blue sky. Then I enjoyed the two elderly ladies at the top of the stairs. I was on my way to Borough Market for coffee, veggies, pastries, and a bacon butty.

I have to ration bacon butties... They are the best thing EVER. No thing in the US comes close to a UK bacon butty. What is a bacon butty, you ask? Its an amazing concoction of bacon (not American bacon but British bacon which is kind of like Canadian bacon but somehow better) in bread with "tomato sauce" AKA ketchup. That's it, but its perfect and on a sunny London Saturday, before the crowds make the market unbearable, in the shadow of Southwalk Cathedral, with a Monmouth coffee accompaniment; a bacon butty/sarnie/sandwich is the best thing ever.

No comments: