Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Pilates number 3

In my continuing effort to get outta the house, I signed up for 10 Pilates lessons. The first was two weeks ago and I could barely sit up for at least three days after that session. Last night, I had my third lesson; this time I didn't feel like I worked hard enough. Hmmm, does that make me a masochist or am I just getting a little bit better every time?

The funny thing about Pilates is that the movements are so small, my theory is you really have to pay attention or you can just fake the whole thing. Of course my "core" can be as strong as I like it but I need to start swimming again to really get the physical fitness level up. Its just that swimming isn't really social; and right now I need social.

On an unrelated note, I have become obsessed with Nina Simone - isn't (wasn't) she the most interesting, amazing vocalist? A couple of years ago I went to see Shirley Horn at the Masonic Hall in SF; amazing free tickets given to me by a friend. It was all about Shirley Horn after that. Nina and Shirley have completely unrelated style but yet somehow remind me of each other.

No comments: