Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dubai in July


sorry sorry sorry for those of you who keep tuning in and I have nothing posted.

Its been a long summer and I have been a lazy sod. But I'm back and now I am going to fillin some of the gap since I last wrote in July - oh how can it have been July.

Anyway, This was the view from my enormous room in Dubai. I as there on a business trip and completely flummoxed by the scale of everything. As you may remember I was in Abu Dhabi previously, which was odd enough but Dubai is fiercely growing. This is the main road along which most of the tall towers you hear about are gathered. Its a nightmare to cross, the older part of town, around Dubai Creek, is pretty interesting - although the picture in the link makes it look a lot like Hong King but its really much less urban. On the part of the creek were I had dinner it was very low scale and small boats transport people back and forth.

Definately worth going to the small but interesting Dubai Museum. To see how houses were made before oil.

No comments: