Saturday, March 17, 2007

Bookclub - back in session

Much to my relief, Jenifer and Shannon have hooked me up with their old London book club. So on a blustery St. Pat's Saturday, I headed over to Muswell Hill to go to my second session of my latest book club. I was invited and attended in January - I'm just so stoked they invited me back! We read On Beauty by Zadie Smith, I really enjoyed it but thought that the whole north-east US collegiate setting was difficult to translate to non-US-ers. Not that they didn't understand it and I'm sure that the North London setting also had things in it that I didn't get. But most of all, I'm just happy to have folks to see on on evening who aren't work related.

We are going to be picture free for a while, same old technical difficulties. I'm hoping to get the photo-thing sorted before next weeks trip to Edinburgh. talk later.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you read "White Teeth"? I really enjoyed it ... I liked "On Beauty" but it didn't really hold my attention.

jenifer lake said...

who's your friend who spells her name just like i do with one n?? and i'm reading on beauty right now with my online book club!

Sian said...

I didn't read the other one but I did enjoy On Beauty. Quick read though.

Note to Jenifer Lake - I thought you all spelled your name with one "n" - not actually its just you and my other Jenifer with one "n" friend, Mrs. Mudd. Huh, funny writing it you are the Jenifers Lake and Mudd.