Monday, March 05, 2007

Coffee to go with the Cheese?



Next to the Neals Yard cheese shop is the Monmouth Coffee shop. Doesn't it look cosy? The line snaked out the door into the rainy street. It was still pretty early when I got there, and they told me that it really got a lot busier when its sunny and a bit later in the day.

I really think that this kind of food/veggie/coffee retail is not a flash in the pan. The Ferry Building in San Francisco, I just wrote off to the crazy food-culture of the Bay area. I am very interested to see how this kind of retail is doing in cities that are NOT London or San Francisco.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Food like food to go with coffee and THEN veggies too. A vegetable market that sells coffee? I can't wrap my hands around what you mean, so that must mean that it is NOT doing at all in Miami.