Sunday, March 25, 2007

Saturday in Edinburgh

In addition to the Orange walk, I quite a day in Edinburgh. I started by just wandering around and found the Edinburgh Saturday Farmers' Market - I must have farmers' market radar. Then I went up to the castle to check it out. Just adjacent to the castle is a Patrick Geddes (planner's take note) designed flats called 14 Ramsay Gardens. They have great views and must be right on top of the Tattoo. Its a weird location for such a fairy tale looking place. especially when you compare it to the castle. In the pictures I'm standing on that tarmac parking lot and just swinging around facing west to the castle and east to Ramsay Gardens.

Post Castle gawk, I visited the Whisky Heritage Centre - who could pass that up? It was that or the Wool Heritage Centre and Whiskey won out. You kind of have to see that for yourself. So I'll leave it at that.

No comments: