Friday, January 19, 2007

Sign 4

I swear this is th last in this series (but be warned this topic will be aproached again.) Now these signs apprear where everthere is a road being ripped up - which is a lot of places. I just really have a laugh becasue the company name at the top always changes bu tthe message is always the same.

Why is this so funny? First off, companies are always plural, never sigular, here in the UK. So The Electrical Company are always working and the London Gas Company are always tearing up the streets. Secondly, who has ever heard a construction comapny apologise for anything? And finally, how is it they still manage to seem polite, asking you forgiveness for completely blocking the streets? I don't drive here so I'm not really bothered by it but the traffic jam on my residentail street is monumental ever morning.

So that's my current round up of sign to show you. They are always taken in the dark because - well, I may have already mentioned this but - well, its dark here a lot especially this time of year.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: