Friday, July 06, 2007

Tour de France in London

Amusingly, the Tour de France is starting off in London this year. Actually its a prologue time trial but the city is really getting ready. Between that and the Wimbledon finals, this weekend is all about sports.

The problem is how do I tell my Mum that after all those years silently complaining about the "pop/grunt/pop" of tennis on the TV in the background of my life; I now rush home to see the BBC "Wimbledon Today" program every night at 8. Oh, I guess I can just write about it in my blog...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aha! Now you tell me!
Actually some of the best Wimbledon coverage I remember is when HBO used to air the BBC coverage, and they had Billy Jean King, Martina Navratilova and Mary Carillo commenting on everything. Talk about the 3 witches - nothing was sacred, everything was inciteful and very funny.