Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Driving in Los Angeles

On Monday I had to drive in Los Angeles. I flew in to get to the British Consulate so I could get my work visa stamped in my passport. I also had another meeting outside Los Angeles so I could honestly say I wasn't going there just to get the visa. As if it wasn't scary enough anticipating a rigorous interview--"and why do you want to leave sunny California to go to rainy London?"--I had to drive there!

I landed at LAX at 9, for a 10:30 appointment. I was assured by mapquest that it was only a 6 mile drive. The freeway was packed and we inched along for ever. I took the picture as I sat still for three whole minutes. Makes you want to sell your car and move to a place where there is transit.

I did make the appointment and they did give me a visa - so one more hurdle passed on the trip to London.

LA driving

No comments: