Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Knitting at night - in a pub

Last night, I was invited to join a friend at her knitters group. It was a very fun crowd at a lovely Islington local called The New Rose. It was a great assortment of knitters doing a variety of projects. Since fall/winter lighting has set in for Londoners, these intrepid knitters had come prepared for the ambient pub lighting with a series of headlamps and other lighting devices so that tricky decreasing could be done while still drinking and chatting.

Knitter on the left side of the picture even helped out knitter on the right by taking a break from her task to share her beam. Very resourceful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

headlamps to knit by in a pub - yet another creative use for this great invention!

Sian said...

too funny - I should have taken you up on this and bought one myself when I was in th eland of outdoors equipment

Iris Mayes said...

Sian! I was just reminicsing for the "stich-n-_itch" days! Haven't had a moment to knit since Jack entered the world but I LOVE the idea of you sitting in an English pub knitting! Headlamp: REI online!