Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Krispie Kreme in Harrods

OMG. For those of you that know me you may remember my disastrous investment in Krispie Kreme. I bought 100 shares when I moved to SF, based on the quote of a very fit friend about Krispie Kreme actually containing heroine because he couldn't NOT eat them. That was enough for me, if a fried and frosted southern treat could tempt a dedicated sportsman then perhaps I should invest. The stock price went up up up then down down down down. Now I just keep it in the portfolio to remind me that buy and hold doesn't always work...

When researching the stock I had heard they had an outlet in Harrods, but had trouble believing it until I ventured into the foodhall and lo and behold - "Hot doughnuts Now." Sort transported me back to the outlet on Ponce DeLeon in ATL, and the many late evenings that ended there. I'm all misty eyed as I write. I did not partake of the goodies, I will leave that for a future date however please note, that they do indeed have a krispie kreme in London.

In re-reading this post, I find it very surreal, kind of like the Bar B Que thing - I'm starting to sense a bad food theme for this blog. Must change that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bad food blog or is the food in england really as bad as reputed? ya gotta eat! it's all about food and urban planning - I love it (and you!)

Sian said...

Actually, the food is quite good, as promised by Ms. Foster. Most of the bad food I write about is American food transplanted. Tomorrow, when I finsih unpacking and find the camera hook up thingy, I will post a picture of the most incredible fruit and veggie store just down the road!